RUSSEL G. BELL, EVANGELIST
Russel Bell's India Report July 31–September 16, 2002
UNDER THE OVERSIGHT
P.O. Box 2
202 South Main
Rusk, Texas 75785
Dear Interested and Supporters:
God bless you for all your moral support and generous contributions to our India Evangelism which is really world evangelism. Special thanks to the Rusk Church of Christ that oversees my work. This has definitely been my best trip ever for Jesus. With the world on the brink of war, I really did not know what to expect on this trip, but I must say, I found India very peaceful everywhere I visited.
This brief report will not permit me to relate all that God has done with me in the past seven weeks, but it has been wonderful. India is growing in so many ways. (1) Highways are getting better and better improving travel. (2) You can buy bottled water in every village. (3) Good STD (telephones) everywhere on the streets of every place to dial direct to my home in the U.S.A. Not to mention the spiritual growth taking place in churches, schools of preaching, and preachers. God is blessing the work in India.
Note the following statistics of our accomplishments on this trip:
- I delivered 113 lessons on this trip.
- I saw 284 baptized.
- I helped to start several new churches of Christ.
- I helped open an dedicate about a dozen new church buildings on this trip.
- Gene Renean and I spent our first 10 days in India establishing and starting the first school of preaching in the morotie language in Aurangabad, Maharashtra State. Gene and I have been working in this area the past four years to develop this work. It is a 2–year school with 3 National Bible College graduates as teachers and 15 students.
- Danny Rader was my working partner in Andra Predesh and Tamil Nadu States this trip.
- I taught preachers in several locations and in several schools of preaching.
- I had a good, productive work in Bitburg, Germany working with the church there.
- 10,750 copies of my book, “God, Man, Money,” were released in the Telegue language. This is the language of Andra Predesh, the Bible Belt of India. Even though the book sells for $10.00 per copy in the USA, it is given free to any Telegue preacher of the church of Christ in India.
- 5,000 church record books are being printed in the Telegue language so good, permanent records can be kept showing growth in attendance, giving, etc.
Because of your generous donations in 2002 to our India Evangelism, the following has been accomplished:
2002 Projects Completed
|3.||10,000 Telegue songbooks||
|4.||30 church buildings helped, 10,000 R each||
|5.||400 communion trays with cups||
|6.||400 bread trays||
|7.||400 collection sticks||
|8.||$200.00 per month for National Bible College, Chennai||
|9.||30 children in Patricia Orphanage||
|10.||3–Russel's overseas trips and expenses in other countries||
These projects have all been completed and we will do the same in 3003 on my 35th and 36th trips to India Lord willing with your continued support. Also, with the church record book (space for 3 years records) will cost us an additional $4,000.00 which will last us maybe 10 years.
I sent our annual support letter August 1st. If you have not responded to that appeal yet, please send your donation soon. Or, if you can help more, please do. Make checks payable to India Evangelism or Church of Christ and send to either address on this letterhead or in the enclosed, self-addressed envelope.
God bless you for your donation. Please pray for me. Call on me for anything.
Russel G. Bell
P.S. My books, “Rightly Dividing the Word of God,” Volumes 1 — 5, are available at $5.00 each; “God, Man, Money,” at $10.00 per copy. I pay postage.
A ministry to assist churches, preachers, and church leaders to develop self-supported churches
in India and around the world. Financial help may be sent to either of the addresses above.